What kind of computer do I need to use 3Dream?
3Dream uses a Windows based PC, and uses Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Firefox and Chrome.
For Windows 8 computers, please download the Firefox browser from www.mozilla.org
Click here for the minimum requirements to run 3Dream
I am looking for a new computer, what should I look for to get the most out of 3Dream?
Good Question, when at a computer store, ask the sales representative for help finding a computer that will allow you to play 3D video games. The sales representative will understand that you want a PC that has a sophisticated 3D video card for DirectX™ applications.
The basic rule is the better the video card, the better the results. This can range between $100 for a decent video card to $500-1000 for a very good video card.
Do I have to be connected to the internet to use 3Dream?
Yes. An internet connection is necessary to use 3Dream, the faster/better the connection the better the results.
Is there any software to load?
To use 3Dream you will have to install a 3D viewer plug-in much like Adobe Flash™.
I have a dial-up internet connection. What do I do?
While 3Dream should work over dial-up internet service there is the chance that will be unusable due to the large amount of information sent to your computer. We highly suggest that you upgrade to high speed internet service if you wish to use 3dream.
How can I find out which video card I have in my computer?
The easiest way is to run the DirectX diagnostics tool:
- Click the "Start" button at the bottom left hand corner of your computer.
- On the "Start" menu, click "Run".
- In the "Open" box, type "dxdiag" (without the quotation marks), and then click "OK".
- The DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens. Click the "Display" tab.
- On the "Display" tab, information about your graphics card is shown in the "Device" section. You can see the name of your card, as well as how much video memory it has.